All teams will pitch their ideas at the Final Open Mic on 28/29 January 2023
to a panel of judges, who will decide the grant amount awarded to each team.
Teams stand to receive between $5,000 to $50,000 grants at the Final Open
Mic, depending on the merits of the project. There is no limit to the number
of teams that can be awarded at each grant tier.
- Show some potential benefit to target group but require
further understanding of the issue
- Refinement on value proposition and feasibility needed
- Projects are sufficiently developed
- Show adequate understanding of the issue and target
- Ideas are fairly innovative and can be implemented with
- Impact is limited but have potential to scale with some
- Projects are well developed
- Show deep understanding of the issue and target group
- Ideas are both highly innovative and feasible
- Strong value and potential impact to the target group
|2Youth Co:Lab Championship
- Projects focused on becoming a sustainable Social
Enterprise or is already an established early-stage
- Show deep understanding of the social issue targeted
- Teams has strong interest in scaling and expanding their
solution across Asia Pacific
Teams that are awarded a grant at the Final Open Mic will also
have the option to take part in a Participatory Budgeting exercise and stand
a chance to receive additional funding by a youth panel and the general
youth population. The total combined funding received from the Final Open
Mic and Participatory Budgeting exercise will be no more than $70,000.
The grant will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis upon project completion.
For projects awarded with grants of more than $10,000, the grant will be
disbursed in two or more tranches, based on the completion of agreed
milestones. A partial upfront disbursement will be given to projects awarded
with more than $10,000 grants.
2Two teams will be selected as Youth Co:Lab Champions and will be
awarded an additional grant from CVC Caital Partners, in addition to the
original grant allocated by the panel of judges at the Final Open Mic.